View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2D8Ct9j
View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2CRj53X
View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2Cy1FZ0
View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2CxKEOz
View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2Cd6SSL
View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2CCKK5j
View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2DqcER5
View on Instagram http://ift.tt/2C1HbHF
I needed to make some type of dessert for our Christmas family dinner. I won’t be eating these since I don’t eat wheat or sugar. But the family does.
These are easy to make. Its just a simple shortbread recipe with a little extra flavour.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 bags of Vanilla Chai Tea, loose
Icing: Is optional. I just rolled them in powdered sugar.
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and confectioners sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Add in flour, salt, and loose tea leaves. Continue to mix until a soft dough forms. The mix will be dry and crumbly at first but will come together. (Sometimes it doesnt.)
- For round flat cookies, Roll out dough between to pieces of parchment paper until it’s ¼ inch thick. (This keeps the dough from sticking to your rolling pin.)
- Cut out cookies using a 2 in round cookie cutter.
- Or you can skip rolling the dough and just make balls.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15 -20 minutes or until edges are a golden brown and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, whisk together icing ingredients until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in the icing, let excess drip off.
- Or you can just roll them in powdered sugar and give them a snowy coating.